Friday, April 6, 2012

still here

I'm still here.
sort of.
since the week after
my knee surgery
(for those of you who don't know,
I had ACL reconstruction surgery
the week after I returned from
Ethiopia)
i have been trying to put
together a really
meaningful
heart-felt
update.
my thoughts are not
cohesive
even to me
(many thanks to the
pain meds)
but I still have so many
wonderful stories
to share about my
journey.
but
for now just a few pictures
until i can shake the
cobwebs from my brain.






i know
with certainty that the
 tiny, rural villages
the people
and the relationships i developed
on this short
excursion
now have an
enormous 
distinct niche
 in my heart
and
in my life.

and i miss them all like crazy.







more to come, soon!

3 comments:

  1. I want to pile into the back of that truck and ride with the wind in our hair,the music turned up in the dark serenaded also by the distinct seriousness of a heartfelt conversation about spaghetti and marshmallows and which comes first.

    One of the best memories for me.

    OR

    silently sitting sweaty sharing silly strategies of spaghetti

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Courtney!! I had no idea what you guys were talking about -- spaghetti and marshmallows, what??? But wow, anyone would laugh at that alliteration. Incredible.

      Delete
  2. LOL. You guys make me cry...Such awesome memories; our time there. We will forever be intertwined my this remarkable experience. I don't know about you but I am not the same person who I was when I left Portland, if that makes sense. Miss you all. Cortney, Laura and Heather and of course Jonathan, Jeff and the *crew*. And those egg and veggies totally bring me back to breakfast at Siggys.

    ReplyDelete