Tuesday, March 6, 2012

new normal...



worlds away.  i feel like i am worlds away.  distanced not from Ethiopia, but from all the things i've returned to.  i am wrestling with many emotions and trying to make sense of how all the pieces will fit together...certainly this puzzle will make a remarkable picture.

i am trying to re-acclimate.  it may take some time.  please bear with me.  i am tired when i shouldn't be.  and awake when i shouldn't be...hello 3am! 

i am pining for tastes that can't be found in ohio (we grew very fond of the papaya, mango, avacado mixed juice..."spreese" juice, anyone?).




i have so much more to share about my experience, but i need to organize my thoughts first.  i need to process some raw and powerful emotions tugging at my heart.  

i need to embrace this new normal.

life goes on...but my course has been altered.  my perspective of the world has changed. 


the relationships and experiences are now part of me. 

i am
 thankful
beyond measure.



so please 
excuse me
briefly 
as i focus on what
matters most.











3 comments:

  1. It's a little hard to hold on to all that as reality. It feels 'dreamy'. It's definitively changed things...I grew strangely attached to my seatmates in just a few hours,hugging them goodbye and sad to leave them. After spending time with people and building relationships so quickly and not worrying about social standards it feels hard to readjust to what may or may not be considered appropriate here. I'm not sure if that makes sense to you or not. Rambling here. Hi Zander!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that makes perfect sense to me...dreamy indeed. :) so strange to anticipate what to do next, and how to relate. thanks so much for being you and allowing me the chance to know you!

      Delete
  2. I definetly "get it". I think we are all going through the same thing that you only go through having been there, experienced and seen with our own eyes. Everything seems a bit foreign. I, too, am holding on a bit tighter to those that matter and trying to figure out how to navigate and convey the emotions I am feeling of late. It is not easy, not that I thought it would be. So glad we met and look forward to keeping in touch. Talk to you soon. (BTW, still have jet lag it is Fri morning at 331am my time).

    ReplyDelete